Lyon Saint Exupery Airport (LYS)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Lyon Saint Exupery Airport (LYS) is located about 24 km / 15 miles from Lyon city centre, on the eastern outskirts. You can access the airport via Junction A432, which skirts Lyon Airport along its eastern perimeter and links both the A42 (to the north) and the A43 (to the south).
The airport is close to a number of prominent towns and villages, such as Saint-Bonnet-de-Mure to the south, Pusignan to the north and Meyzieu to the north-west. Also close to Lyon Saint Exupery Airport are Charvieu-Chavagneux, Colombier-Sangnieu, Pont-de-Chéruy and Tignieu-Jameyzieu, all of which lie to the east.
Directions to Lyon Saint Exupery Airport (LYS) from the west of Lyon:
Directions to Lyon Saint Exupery Airport (LYS) from Bourg-en-Bresse (north):
- From the west of Lyon, take Highway A43 in the direction of Grenoble / Chambery and then join the A432 to the airport
- Alternatively, take highway A42 in the direction of Geneva, exiting at Junction A432 for the airport
Directions to Lyon Saint Exupery Airport (LYS) from Chambery (east):
- Head south along highway A42
- Exit at the A432 junction, which leads directly to the airport
Directions to Lyon Saint Exupery Airport (LYS) from Valence (south):
- Head west on Highway A43 toward Lyon
- Join the A432 and follow the signs to the airport
- Head north on Highway A7 towards Lyon
- Take highway A43 to the A432 junction and follow signs for the airport
The roads accessing the airport may experience traffic delays during the morning and evening rush hours, as well as on popular holidays. Be sure to leave well before your check-in time if you plan on driving to Lyon Saint Exupery Airport during the main peak times.
Lyon Saint Exupery Airport (LYS): Virtual Google Maps